Ilo Dillin State
Hunter Fact Sheet
The Ilo Dillin State Habitat Area is located is southeastern Tazewell County, approximately
5 miles southwest of Minier, Il. or 3 miles northwest of Armington, Il. Hunter
access parking area is located on Hartford Road, 1.5 miles west of the intersection
of Minier Road.
DESCRIPTION OF THE
AREA: The area consists of approximately 80 acres. It has a mixture
of cool season grasses and legumes, native warm season grasses, timber areas,
tree and shrub plantings, agriculture fields, food plots and creek bottoms.
|Pheasant, Quail, Rabbit, Hungarian Partridge
HUNTING REGULATIONS - ARCHERY DEER:
All regulations found in the Wildlife Code, Federal Regulations and Administrative
Orders will apply unless area regulations are more restrictive.
- All hunting must be with bow and arrow, during the month of October only.
- No more than three hunters at any one time.
- Hunters must sign-in and sign-out and report their harvest.
- Only 1 tree stand per hunter and all stands and climbing devices must be
portable and removed at the end of each day.
- It is unlawful for any person to construct or use any tree stand or climbing
devices such as nails, screws, wire or any other device which pierces or cuts
the bark of trees.
HUNTING REGULATIONS - PHEASANT, QUAIL, RABBIT, HUNGARIAN PARTRIDGE
- Hunting by permit only. A free site permit issued by the Department of Natural Resources, Springfield Permit Office. The permit must be returned and harvest reported by February 15 or permit holder will forfeit hunting privileges on all pheasant habitat areas for the following year.
- Only one hunting party, consisting of the permit holder and no more than three hunting partners, allowing for a maximum of 4 hunters each day.
- All hunting must be with shotgun or bow and arrow. Flu-flu arrows only, no broadheads.
- Hunters must wear a cap and upper outer garment of solid blaze orange of at least 400 square inches.
- NON-TOXIC SHOT ONLY.
IT SHALL BE UNLAWFUL:
- For any persons to consume any alcoholic beverage, including beer and wine,
while on the area for the purpose of hunting.
- To hunt in any area not designated as open to hunting.
- To park in any location except the designated parking area.
- For unauthorized vehicles to enter upon any interior road or trail.
- It is unlawful to ride horses on this site or allow horses to enter this site.
For further information
contact: Mackinaw River State Fish and Wildlife Area, 15470 Nelson Road, Mackinaw,
Il., 1-309-963-4969 or Spring Lake State Fish and Wildlife Area, 7982 South
Park Road, Manito, Il., 1-309-968-7135.