Rice Lake Hunter Fact Sheet
Walk In Area
2012 - 2013 Season
LOCATION: 2 miles east of Banner on Banner Dike Road
DESCRIPTION: 110 acre flooded impoundment with bottom land timber, slough and ponds.
|Duck||Statewide||1/2 hour before sunrise to 1:00 p.m.||20 hunters per day|
|Geese||Statewide||1/2 hour before sunrise to 1:00 p.m..||Allowed only during central zone duck season|
1. All hunters must register at the walk-in check station prior to 5 a.m. daily, prevailing time.
2. A drawing will be held at 5 a.m. to dertermine the 20 hunters for that day.
3. Hunters may bring up to 2 parners (hunters or non-hunters) to occupy a blindsite or area.
4. Hunting will take place on alternating days with the Copperas Creek walk in areas & Big Lake.
5. All hunters will be requied to leave hunting license stamps at the check station while hunting. No fees are charged for hunting at Rice Lake.
6. Only non-toxic shot can be used. No other shotgun shells loaded with lead shot may be in possession.
7. All hunting parties must hunt within 10 feet of stake.
8. You must hunt over at least 1 dozen decoys.
For further information please contact: Rice Lake, 19721 N. US 24, Canton, IL 61520 (309) 647-9184.
Equal opportunity to participate in programs of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) and those funded by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and other agencies is available to all individuals regardless of race, sex, national origin, disability, age, religion, or other non-merit factors. If you believe you have been discriminated against, contact the funding source's civil rights office and/or the Equal Employment Opportunity Officer, IDNR, 1 Natural Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702-1271; 217/785-0067, TTY 217/782-9175.