Rice Lake Hunter Fact Sheet
Big Lake - Walk In - Hunter Fact Sheet
2012 - 2013 Season
3 miles east of Banner on Banner Dike Road
DESCRIPTION: Access trails on shoreline of 2000 acres backwater lake.
|Duck||Statewide||1/2 hour before sunrise to 1:00 p.m.||20 hunters per day|
|Goose||Statewide||1/2 hour before sunrise to 1:00 p.m..||Allowed only during central zone duck season|
1. All hunters must report at the walk-in check station prior to 5 a.m. daily, prevailing time.
2. A drawing will be held at 5 a.m. to dertermine the 20 hunters for that day.
3. Hunting will take place on alternating days with the Rice Lake & Copperas Creek walk in areas.
4. All hunters will be requied to leave hunting license stamps at the check station while hunting.
5. Only non-toxic shot can be used. No other shotgun shells loaded with lead shot may be in possession.
6. All hunting parties must maintain a minimum of 100 yards apart.
7. You must hunt over at least 1 dozen decoys.
Blue - Lock Pond
Red - Pond Lily
Orange - Pond Lily
White - Tower
Gold - Goose Lake
For further information please contact: Rice Lake, 19721 N. US 24, Canton, IL 61520 (309) 647-9184.
Equal opportunity to participate in programs of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) and those funded by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and other agencies is available to all individuals regardless of race, sex, national origin, disability, age, religion, or other non-merit factors. If you believe you have been discriminated against, contact the funding source's civil rights office and/or the Equal Employment Opportunity Officer, IDNR, 1 Natural Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702-1271; 217/785-0067, TTY 217/782-9175.