So, you are ready to submit your Illinois Biodiversity Field Trip Grant application
to the Illinois Department of Natural Resources…great! Before final submission,
take a moment to look over the points mentioned here. Remember, incomplete
or incorrect applications will not be accepted!
- The field trip site must be in Illinois.
- Grants are only available to teachers in Illinois.
- The application deadline is January 31, 2015.
- Applications from multiple teachers must be for attendance on the same day, at the same location, for the same purpose and with his/her own students.
- Reimbursement will only be made for those expenses approved by the judging committee.
Please double check the following items before submitting your application.
- You must submit the original application, plus three copies of the entire application,
- Teachers in Illinois schools registered with the Illinois State Board of Education must submit a completed and signed W-9 form for the school. Do not use your school's tax exemption number on this form. Using the tax exemption number will cause your application to be disqualified. You must use the school's federal employer identification number (FEIN) that is assigned by the Internal Revenue Service. Do not complete this form for an individual. It must represent the school.
- Home-schooling educators must submit a completed and signed W-9 as an individual or for his/her co-op.
- Ensure that the signature page is signed. Two signatures are required.
- Do not provide attachments not requested in the application form.
- Incomplete applications are disqualified. The most common reason for disqualification is failing to submit the correct number of copies.
Detailed instructions are included with the application form. Please watch the video podcast and read the "Frequently Asked Questions" document at http://dnr.state.il.us/education/CLASSRM/grants.htm before you complete the application.
Applications are reviewed by a committee and
awards are made no sooner than six weeks after the application deadline. No
reimbursement will be made for field trips occurring prior to awarding of the grants.
The field trip must occur in the same calendar year that funds are received. For
complete information about any of these items, visit the Web site at http://dnr.state.il.us/education/CLASSRM/grants.htm,
call 217-524-4126 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.