Illinois Biodiversity Field Trip Grant Application Form
- Take your students on a field trip to study some aspect of Illinois'
- Application Deadline: January 31, 2015
- Coming Soon! Download the instructions and application form.
- Completed W-9 Form Required! Download the W-9 Form.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Captioned Video Podcast with detailed information and examples to help you complete the grant application correctly
Listen to our Illinois Biodiversity Field Trip Grant podcast
for helpful hints about completing the grant application (text
2014 Grant Awards
Schoolyard Wildlife Habitat Action Grant Program Application Form
Involve your students in hands-on natural resources stewardship.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2014
Completed W-9 Form Required! Download the W-9 Form
2013 Grant Awards
photos of former grant recipients'
See locations of grant recipients from 2005-2010! PDF version or Google Earth version
NOTE: In order to view the Google Earth map, you must have Google Earth installed on your computer. To obtain the free download, visit http://www.google.com/earth/index.html.
Listen to our Schoolyard Habitat Action Grant podcast to learn more about the
application process (text
More Information to Assist with your Schoolyard Habitat Action Grant Application
Schoolyard Wildlife Habitat Action Grant applicants must use native Illinois plants in their wildlife habitat area. If you are unsure of which plants are native to the state and where to purchase them, you can find information on the IDNR and other Web sites and through publications offered by the IDNR and other agencies.
Types of Habitats
How to Plant and Maintain Native Plants
Native Plants for Specific Habitats
For Your Garden
The Tallgrass Prairie in Illinois
IDNR Publications - many publications are available including
- Landscaping for Wildlife
- Butterfly Gardens
- Illinois Wetlands
- Prairie Establishment and Landscaping
- posters: Habitats are Homes; Illinois Prairie Wildflowers; Illinois Trees; Illinois Trees, Volume II; Illinois Fall Colors
Illinois Natural History Survey Publications
for Teachers and Students